"Ask Vic" is published on M-W-F through the regular season.
Here are my all-important Week 6 power rankings:
1. Cardinals -- They can win with defense.
2. Bills -- Dominant on both sides of the ball.
3. Bucs -- They have a blueprint.
4. Rams -- Donald still the best.
5. Ravens -- All they do is win.
6. Packers -- Can take commanding lead.
7. Cowboys -- They're for real.
8. Chargers -- Score, score, score.
9. Browns -- Where's the defense?
10. Chiefs -- Charmin.
11. 49ers -- They need the bye.
12. Titans -- Big test vs. Bills.
13. Raiders -- Sad turn of events.
14. Saints -- Winston making gains.
15. Bengals -- How's life? They can't kick.
16. Eagles -- Big rally at Carolina.
17. Panthers -- Let one slip away.
18. Bears -- Ready to lay an egg, again.
19. Seahawks -- Can they win without Wilson?
20. Steelers -- Finally ran the ball.
21. Broncos -- Defense faltered in Pittsburgh.
22. Colts -- Falling too far behind.
23. Washington -- They need to do something big.
24. Patriots -- Just another team now.
25. Vikings -- Mired in mediocrity.
26. Dolphins -- In free fall.
27. Giants -- Decimated by injury.
28. Lions -- Tearful.
29. Falcons -- They don't even have an arrow.
30. Texans -- Playing hard.
31. Jets -- Playing for the future.
32. Jaguars -- They could win this week.
Tony from Los Angeles, CA
Your thoughts on the Jon Gruden emails and his resignation?
I did a video interview with him years ago and he was very accommodating and personable. I have empathy for him but his resignation was the right thing to do. It was either that or fire him. Anything less would've sent a message of tolerance for the language he used in an email reference to DeMaurice Smith.
Jeffrey from Brooklyn, WI
Sad the world we live in with these "Woke" societies looking for reasons to destroy someone. I'm curious how a private email was obtained in the first place.
The league was investigating the WFT situation when they found the Gruden emails. The email that referred to DeMaurice Smith derogatorily was sent from Gruden to Bruce Allen. What would you have the league do, ignore it? You can't stencil "End Racism" in your end zone and then tolerate one of your coaches using the ugly and hurtful language Gruden used.
Nate from Grand Marais, MN
People seem concerned about the decisions to keep going back to Crosby instead of going for it with the offense. What did you think about them going back to Crosby?
Everybody has a job to do. If you lack confidence in a player's ability to do his job, why is he on your team? Crosby might've been kicking for his job.
Eric from Green Bay, WI
Vic, how much of the Cowboys have you seen this season? Are they a powerhouse? Doing what they did to the Chargers looks even more impressive after what the Chargers did to the Cleveland defense. I think this is the first time they've impressed me in 25 years. What do your eyes tell you?
I have them at No. 7 in my power rankings. What's that tell you?
Josh from Holgate, OH
Any thoughts on the job of Matt LeFleur so far this season?
He's done a good job of keeping the peace. I mean that in a sincere and complimentary way. He faced a daunting challenge coming out of the offseason controversy Rodgers created. I think we all know for the Packers to get the full advantage of Rodgers' greatness they have to yield to him. Again, that's not an easy thing for a man of vision to do, and all coaches have a vision and a desire to put their stamp on their team. In LaFleur's case, discretion truly is the better part of valor.
John from Indianapolis, IN
So Jon Gruden resigned/got fired; vulgarity, racism, homophobia and misogyny. What's the halftime entertainment at this year's Super Bowl? Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar? I've got an idea: Paint the end zones with "End Hypocrisy."
Craig from Sheboygan, WI
The Tampa Bay Bucs have star players all over the place on offense and defense. How do they stay under the salary cap?
They convert current-year salary to signing bonus and spread the cap hit over the length of the contract. It's how you get the most out of an aging roster, especially a quarterback at the end of a run. The Packers did some of it last offseason. It's created a massive problem with David Bakhtiari's contract structure.