Beginning next week, "Ask Vic" is published on M-W-F through the regular season.
Here are my all-important Week 1 power rankings:
1. Bucs -- They earned it.
2. Chiefs -- Mahomes league's best player.
3. Rams -- Stafford could make the difference.
4. Bills -- They look good!
5. Packers -- As the cheese turns.
6. Browns -- The time is now.
7. Ravens -- Crossroads season.
8. Seahawks -- Good, but not what they were.
9. Dolphins -- Strong roster.
10. 49ers -- They're back, baby.
11. Chargers -- Leap year.
12. Titans -- I'm not buying.
13. Saints -- Winston could take them higher.
14. Cardinals -- Slowly trending upward.
15. Steelers -- On the outside looking in.
16. Colts -- They don't have "The Man."
17. Patriots -- Rebuilding takes time.
18. Vikings -- Unsettled.
19. Lions -- They could be a sleeper.
20. Raiders -- Gruden needs to get going.
21. Cowboys -- Is Prescott recovered?
22. Panthers -- Darnold is a long shot.
23. Washington -- I don't see upgrades.
24. Bears -- No reason for optimism.
25. Bengals -- Sleeper No. 2.
26. Broncos -- Floundering at quarterback.
27. Eagles -- What am I supposed to like?
28. Giants -- Critical season for Daniel Jones.
29. Falcons -- Why didn't they blow it up?
30. Jets -- Zach Wilson gives them hope.
31. Texans -- Franchise in free fall.
32. Jaguars -- Unrealistic expectations won't be a problem.
Barry from Hayward, WI
Vic, which fan base is going to be consigned to the seats blasted by the sun in Jacksonville on Sunday?
It's a late-afternoon game. I say no more than 10 to 20 thousand killed, tops, depending on the breaks.
Don from Cedar Rapids, IA
What are your thoughts nowadays about spelling, grammar and punctuation? Should all of the old rules we learned in English class be thrown out the window as long as messages get communicated, no matter how they may offend purists?
If there are no rules, then everybody is a writer and writing is no longer a profession.
Dustin from Orlando, FL
That last one made me laugh harder than anything you've ever said in any "Ask Vic" since its inception!
I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.
Loftur from Columbus, OH
Aside from injuries to major players, what are the worst possible outcomes this season for the three teams you covered?
Rodgers gets moody, Roethlisberger gets old, Lawrence gets benched.
Desi from Rolling Meadows, IL
What matchups are most intriguing going into Week One?
Browns at Chiefs and Dolphins at Patriots.
Ben from El Paso, TX
What do you remember most from Sept. 11, 2001?
I was doing a video interview with Wayne Weaver in the Jaguars' TV studio. There was a TV in the room and as I was looking at Wayne and asking him a question, he was staring at the TV. "Wait a minute," he said. The interview stopped and I turned to look at the TV, which was showing the first video clips of the attack. None of us spoke until Wayne said, "Let's do this later," and then he left the room.
Austin from Denver, CO
My question is which team are you most excited to see this weekend based solely on their offseason moves (draft, free agency, re-signing players, etc.)?
It's the Jaguars. Obviously, I have a special interest.
Chevin from Jacksonville, FL
What was the beginning of the current look-at-me dancing, flexing, celebratory culture movement in the NFL? Do you believe we'll ever see a return to austerity where players simply let their performance do all the talking?
Homes Jones' spike is the first self-expression I can remember. It was minor compared to today, but it was a big deal back then. Return to something that simple? I doubt it.
Patrick from Collierville, TN
Vaccinated or not, would you attend a Packers game in person this season with the rise of Covid cases?